The ASK Finance manager is responsible for the financial stability of the entire school and works collaboratively with the Head of School, Senior HR Manager and the Management team to establish and monitor all policies and procedures regarding monthly payroll, monthly budget reports, annual parent contracts, and annual budgeting projections and cash flow. The position reports directly to the Head of School and works closely with the Operations department, Human Resource department and Admissions Department. In addition, the Superintendent may request information and reports as needed and may provide important background information.
Salary and Benefits
Initial placement on the scale will be determined by the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- Supports and advances the mission and vision of the school.
- Supports and promotes the ongoing improvement initiatives of the school.
- Supports and advances international education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Professional characteristics of successful candidates will have a background and skills that include most or all of the following:
Use standard accounting and bookkeeping procedures, to keep an accurate continuous record of the cash and financial position of the school and manage the financial operation of the school so that the institution remains financially stable.
- To prepare a monthly operating statement for the head of school and the board of trustees.
- To provide a monthly report of expenditures for use of each individual budget center within the school.
- To establish a plan and schedule for the preparation of the annual budget that will permit the setting of the succeeding year’s tuition early in the calendar year.
- To provide for the securing of an annual audit of the school’s financial records and financial positions.
- To oversee all school purchasing, financial investments, banking activities, payroll and benefits program.
- To provide staff support, in conjunction with the Head of School, Senior HR Manager and the Management team.
- To manage risk at the school to ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities and to maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and to cover the liability of the school.
- To oversee school transportation contracts.
- To coordinate the work of the financial assistant manager.
- To ensure the effective financial management of the food-service operation and any other auxiliary enterprises of the school.
- To assist the Head of School with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel.
- To represent the school at various regional, state, and national associations relative to the role of being the business manager.
- To support the school and its leadership.
- To assist the Head of School, Senior HR and the Management team with decisions regarding salaries and benefits for all personnel.
- Creates/modifies budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with individualized project requirements within the ASK.
- Review and analyze property reforecasts and annual budgets.
- Deliver innovative, high value-added financial information to the ASK management team for strategic decision making.
- Participates/or assists with strategic financial analysis and planning processes; participates in the implementation of action plans and tactics in support of ASK goals and objectives.
- Coordinates and participates in special projects related to financial salary deduction, etc.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
Skills and Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible finance management experience
- Financial acumen and attention to detail.
- A progressive, process driven manager with a strong academic background who can collaborate with the Head of School in leading dynamic improvement initiatives and program enhancement.
- Prior experience living and leading diversity and inclusion initiatives and the ability to respectfully navigate diverse cultural and social situations.
- A deep commitment to an active role in a comprehensive outreach program that includes enrollment management and broader community involvement to provide the financial support the school’s aspirations.
- Collaborative problem solver who is a confident risk-taker and possesses the courage to make difficult decisions.
- Active and intuitive listening skills.
- The ability to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good basic computer skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, is required, and a Master Degree in Business Finance is preferred.
The Finance Manager will have the privilege of supporting an outstanding educational institution and partnering with a highly professional, creative, dedicated, and collaborative faculty and staff.
The favored candidate will be someone who exudes optimism and a growth mindset while being warm, approachable, empathetic, optimistic, joyful, and down-to-earth. The board is seeking to find a leader who relishes working with young people, enjoys the challenge of working in a school with a national reputation in progressive education, who can continue to build community and a unifying vision, and who wants to lead the school for years to come.
To apply, please send your updated resume in English latest by May 20, 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org by specifying the job position in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Gjatë kontaktit përmendeni shpallje24.com pasi të keni kontaktuar verbalisht shitësin/blerësin/Publikuesin